Review of 2019 Accomplishments
Management Concepts celebrates the eventful and rewarding year of 2019 with a recap of some of our significant accomplishments, project awards, participation in industry events, and program efforts. We’ve sustained growth in the public sector as a leading training and performance improvement company, and are proud of the outstanding work our employees do every day to meet public servants’ needs.
In February, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) awarded us with a blanket purchase agreement (BPA) for $100 million over five years “to provide FDA with subject matter expertise and technical assistance to ensure effective corporate infrastructure and efficient operations in support of its mission.” We’re excited to leverage our infrastructure and expertise to support the FDA’s mission fully, improve workforce skills, and develop key leaders.
In September, Management Concepts won a $35 million, five-year BPA award from the Navy for financial management, comptroller training, and workforce organization services. Other contract awards include leadership training for the Secret Service and instructional design services for the Department of Homeland Security.
Management Concepts Learning and Technology Services Division continued to excel in client project development, course tailoring and customization, and maintenance of our 300-course library. A wide range of custom projects for clients was completed in 2019, including:
- DC Department of Behavioral Health
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Chief Information Officer
- Department of Labor, Veterans Employment and Training Service, National Veterans Training Institute
- House of Representatives
- Library of Congress
- Marine Corps
Some of this work involved:
- Custom portal development and maintenance
- eLearning and microlearning courses
- Tailored and custom course development
As we continue to expand our service portfolio with numerous major Federal services contract awards, we understand the importance of internal growth to best serve the needs of our customers. To that end, we’re excited to have formed a new Federal Program Management Department. This new team, within our Consulting Division, will work to help clients manage programs with 50% or more learning, development, and skills transfer to achieve their mission. The creation of this department will allow us to formalize our project and program management capabilities to best position ourselves to aid Federal agencies in meeting program objectives efficiently and effectively.
Another major accomplishment in 2019 included the complete redesign of our corporate website. It required a wide range of talent from our Marketing, Creative Services, and IT teams. The redesign created a different experience for our customers that showcases our impressive variety of services and reflects a new voice and brand direction. Key features of the new website include:
- Customer-centric branding and messaging
- Simplified menus and interactive graphics
- Updated color palette and imagery
- Multiple ways to access course content, including a powerful new filtering tool
- Updated information request forms with appealing design and movement
See our new website for yourself!
Industry involvement and recognition is an essential part of growing expertise, maintaining relevance and currency with industry trends and innovations, and supporting industry partners. Management Concepts was proud to sponsor the following 2019 events:
- Hosted The Management Concepts Partnership Appreciation Event and Holiday Charity Social, where more than 150 attendees enjoyed raising nearly $3,000 for So Others Might Eat (SOME), an interfaith community-based local charity that helps people experiencing homelessness and extreme poverty
- Sponsored panel discussion Today’s Talent Management Approaches for the Workforce of the Future, hosted by the National Academy of Public Administration
- Gold sponsor of the 41st Annual Blacks in Government National Training Institute in Dallas, TX, and sponsored a one-day leadership course
- Emerald Sponsor of the Federally Employed Women National Training Program and sponsored a two-day leadership course
- Silver sponsor of the 2019 ASMC Regional Professional Development Institute
Lastly, we were thrilled to receive recognition of our contributions to the Department of Labor, Veterans Employment and Training Service, National Veterans Training Institute. Deputy Assistant Secretary, Sam Shellenberger, kindly acknowledged our assistance in his speech accepting the Leadership Award for Service to the Citizen and the Country at the Association for Federal Information Resources Management Leadership Awards.
As we kick off a new decade, we’ll continue adjusting our focus to remain the top provider of training and professional development services for the public sector so that we continue to evolve and remain relevant. One thing that never changes is our commitment to helping the government improve at the individual, team, and organizational levels.
Mel Johnson is an Editor at Management Concepts. She holds a BA in English from Michigan State University and honed her editorial skills over a varied career in the non-profit, commercial, and Federal training sectors. Mel makes fantastic kimchi and lives in Seattle with her cat Frankie and rescue dog Lilly.