This Week in Grants News
- Amendment to Eliminate EDA Funding Fails The House of Representatives rejected an amendment to an appropriations bill to defund the Economic Development Administration (EDA). The EDA is a Commerce Department agency that awards funding to projects designed to increase employment. The vote was 129 to 280. Read more here.
- With Budget Deadline Still Months Away, Should Agencies Start Prepping for CR? Federal News Radio examines the pros and cons for agencies to prepare for a possible Continuing Resolution this year. Congress has until September 30 to pass twelve appropriations bills; however, few observers expect Congress to meet this deadline.
- Education Grants: Promise Neighborhoods Promotes Collaboration but Needs National Evaluation Plan The GAO examined the Department’s Promise grants. The report recommended that the Department communicate expectations more clearly, identify Federal resources that can contribute to the program’s goals, and develop a strategy for evaluation of awarded projects. Read the report here.
- DATA Act Requirements Don’t Map to Federal Systems The Federal Chief Information Officer said that current government systems do not comply with provisions in the DATA Act and that “heavy lifting” will be required.
Read why here.
- NEW WHITEPAPER AVAILABLE: Download our new whitepaper, Grants Management in the Era of Accountability: Performance Measures in the Uniform Guidance to find out how the new performance measures required in the “Supercircular” impact grants management.