This Week in Grants News
“This Week in Grants News” is a resource Management Concepts provides to keep you informed of important federal grants-related news from the week.
- OMB Official Discusses the Supercircular Norman Dong, the Deputy Controller at the Office of Management and Budget, gave an interview to Federal News Radio on January 9th about the Supercircular. Listen to the interview here.
- Deal Struck on Final Appropriations Bill Congressional negotiators announced Monday night that they have reached an agreement for spending allocations for the remainder of Fiscal Year 2014. The $1.012 trillion omnibus spending bill outlines spending for each government agency and program. Congress is expected to approve the bill by the end of the week. Read National Journal for more information.
- The Winners and Losers of the New Spending Bill The Washington Post identifies the winners and losers in the omnibus spending bill.
- Hoyer Expects, But Can’t Promise, No Federal Employee Furloughs in 2014 The House Minority Whip, Congressman Steny Hoyer (D-MD), expects the federal budget agreement will protect federal employees from additional furloughs this year. Read Congressman Hoyer’s comments here.
- Congress Sheds Light on Government Waste Senators Carper and Coburn testified before the House Oversight Committee about proposals to reduce government waste, including the DATA Act. The Washington Post has more information from the hearing.
- FY2013 By the Numbers: Research Applications, Funding, and Awards The NIH released statistics for FY 2013, which show a decrease in the number of awards.