TGIF and HAPPY #IGPD 2019!
I was harried as I wrote this. I don’t know about you, but I feel like the post-shutdown, winter-to-spring activities, hay fever spigot has been turned on. Wait…Make that fire hydrant.
While my stress level has crept back up over the past few weeks, a lot of my frenzy has been for good reason as I’ve connected with my fellow grant professionals. Here’s what’s been happening with me and the surprising people who are now part of the grant professionals community.
- Delivered a webinar for the National Grants
Management Association (NGMA) on the nuances of appropriations law
and the shut down on Federal grants
- Thanks to all of the financial managers who go through the arduous process of moving appropriations through apportionment to disbursement of $700B in financial assistance every year
- Benefited from the information sharing of the
George Washington University, REI Systems, and NGMA annual survey results
- Thanks to all of the social researchers, IT gurus, and programmers who are trying to make our lives easier in terms of reporting and compliance
- Expanded a human capital leader’s understanding
of the number of people involved in his agency’s grant making and oversight
- Thanks to the Management Concepts Business Development team for appreciating that when we deliver grants management certificate training – we support the public good
- Scored speaker applications for the 2019
Professionals Association (GPA) Annual Conference
- Thanks to everyone who wants to share knowledge to strengthen the grants community at the local, national, and international levels
- Got invited to an event next week hosted by the
National Institutes of Health (NIH) for Historically Black Colleges and
Universities (HBCUs) to extend the reach of our nation’s research dollars
- Thanks to all of those scientists and researchers who are part of the grants machine
Last night, I had a great time, rounding out my full week at the National Capital Area Grant Professionals Association (GPA) International Grant Professionals Day Eve Event. What a great way to celebrate my colleagues who make the profession great every day of the year!
Happy #IGPD and Friday world!
Erica Preston serves as the Product Management Director for Grants & Assistance at Management Concepts, working to maintain and grow workforce training and enhancement products and services for grants professionals. Her extensive experience in both the public and private sectors spans grants management, stakeholder engagement, and program and contract management.