Join Us in Celebrating International Grant Professionals Day
How can we make the world a better place?
This is one of the chief questions that is asked and answered in the grants community. Some consider it to be the only question that really matters.
Federal, state, and local entities offer grants to enable game-changing individuals, teams, and organizations to implement their visions. The possibilities are endless, but the one element that is common among them all is the team of people who turn ideas into action — grants professionals.
- From formulating the idea, to planning it out, to calculating financial needs, prospective grant recipients are the folks who get the ball rolling.
- Grant writers then shape the story that will be presented to grant sponsors for consideration.
- Once a grant has been awarded, the implementation team executes the plan.
- At the same time, grant managers ensure that they comply with the terms of the grant.
- In some cases, pass-through entities contribute to maximizing the grant’s impact by expanding the group of partners beyond the original set of awardees.
- After the specified period has ended, the grant must be closed out.
- Many grant recipients publicize their accomplishments and challenges to encourage like-minded individuals to act as well.
Transforming an idea into action with the help of a grant requires a special group of people. On this day, International Grant Professionals Day, Management Concepts thanks grants professionals across the globe for your commitment, dedication, and enduring patience. Your work makes the world a better place for all of us.
Natalie Komitsky is the Content Marketing Manager at Management Concepts. For more than ten years, she has been creating compelling content that tells stories, communicates ideas, and captivates readers. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English, Nonfiction Writing, and Editing from George Mason University.